Thursday, June 23, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Posted by Jacob at 9:32 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2011
- Great Virtual Keyboard that's re-sizable, has a number row, next field key, and easy character accents
- Flash 10.3
- Cards/Stacks visual multitasking instead of task switching with only icons
- Synergy system that integrates multiple accounts
- HP printer drivers pre-installed with wireless network printing
- Up to 16 Exchange and other 3rd party email accounts at once
- webOS Profile Cloud Hosting Environment Connecting Multiple Devices to One Profile
- Accepts Texts and Phone Calls from phones on the Touchpad
- Touch-To-Share data transfer with webOS smartphones
- Touchstone Charging Dock that can charge the Touchpad even with its case on!
Here's a great video demonstration of the Touchpad:
You can see that webOS runs on the Touchpad without the lag it had at the February 9th event. The only thing I noticed slow in the presentation was the video streaming - which can be attributed to a slow network connection.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
One feature that Palm has been praised for since CES 2009 has been their unique Touchstone charging technology. Well, now with HP in control it's no different - with phones still using it, and a newer version being adapted for their tablet as well. While Powermap and other 3rd party accessories can charge other cell phones inductively, HP is the only company to have a solution for charging a tablet without plugging it in.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
After months of waiting, the release date for the Touchpad was announced today -- July 1st in the United States, then in the UK, Ireland, France and Germany a few days later. Canada is poised to get it in mid-July, and it will be available in Australia, Hong Kong, Italy, New Zealand, and Singapore by the end of the year.
Posted by Jacob at 8:03 AM
Monday, June 6, 2011
Here's a good promotional used during the event:
Posted by Jacob at 8:20 PM
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
“So, why did I get a small phone? Well, if there is one thing I know: little guys can pack a punch.” So, have you seen the ad on TV yet? If so, tell us in the comments! If not, it's been uploaded on youtube:
What do you guys think of the advertising? For a smartphone as unique as the Veer, do you think HP's got the right idea for marketing it?
Posted by Jacob at 8:02 PM